Vincentian Service Society Centre for Rural Development is an NGO registered by Marymatha Province, Vincentian Congregation to carry out its social work activities where the Vincentian Fathers do their missionary activity. The organization has registered under the Travancore-Cochin Literary and scientific Charitable Society Registration Act 12 of 1955, registration number ER 213/78 dated 30-08-1978.
VSS works with the vision ‘Establishment of Just and Peaceful society with social integration’
"Bring the poor, marginalized and under privileged sections of the society in parallel to the mainstream society through empowerment in order to advocate and promote development of the society".
• To administer the temporalities of the Vincentian Congregation in accordance with the Constitution and Statutes of the Congregation.
• To promote, foster and regulate the charitable, social, literary and educational activities and undertakings of the Vincentian Congregation.
• To help the poor, needy, the sick, the handicapped and disabled members of the community without distinction of case or creed.
• To start and conduct charitable institution like orphanages, destitute homes and poor houses and to give financial aid to existing ones.
• To provide medical relief to the sick and to improve sanitary and hygienic conditions of the people and to start hospitals, dispensaries clinics and health centers for this purpose.
• To provide houses for houseless.
• To promote moral. Economic, social, educational and cultural advancement of the people.
• To foster social consciousness, cooperative spirit, sense of civic duty, dignity of labor and habit if self-help among people.
• To promote cottage and agro-industries.
• To provide employment facilities for the unemployed.
• To provide facilities for the education of the people and to start and manage educational institutions for the purpose and to give financial aid to deserving students.
• To develop media of communication.
• To establish and conduct libraries, reading rooms and cultural centres.
• To start and encourage literary publication and to establish printing press for the purpose.
• To conduct orientation courses, seminars, study-class, retreats and encounter- programmes for the mortal, social educational and cultural advancement of the people.
• To undertake community development activities projects and programmes in rural, urban and tribal area.
• To coordinate various social work activities of Marymatha province and network with societies registered for the same purpose in the province and outside.
• To facilitate funding to various social work programme of the province societies in network.
• To promote self reliability among people and work towards same.
• To initiate and establish centre of research and development and publish them for the public usage.
• To work towards the promotion of alternative lifestyle and activities that promotes healthy environment and healthy living.
• To work to defined human right and mainstreaming of the marginalized and vulnerable of the society.
• To work with NGOs, government and agencies those promote community development and welfare of the citizens of the country.
• To initiate, implement and promote public health activities that enhance quality of life and standard of living of people.
• To do all such other things as may be incidental to conducive to the attainment of all or any of the above objects of the society.
Adobe to poor children